Global restaurant ranking system Opinionated About Dining (OAD) has unveiled its list of Top 100+ Asia Restaurants of 2021.
Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet dominated the OAD list again for three consecutive years.
Opened in 2012, the single-table restaurant in Shanghai, China unites creative cuisine with multi-sensory technology to offer an immersive dining experience.
Zén – Frantzen came second on the list. Located on Singapore’s Bukit Pasoh Road, the restaurant serves modern creative Nordic cuisine inspired by the Japanese traditional multi-course dinner called kaiseki.
In third place is Sorn in Thailand, which offers a fusion of native Thai ingredients with long-lost recipes and techniques.
Another Shanghai pride came in fourth place. Xin Rong Ji, located in a secluded heritage mansion on Nanyang Road, is famous for its wide range of traditional Chinese regional seafood dishes.
Taking the fifth spot is South Korean fine dining restaurant Mosu, which is noted for its signature dish, a single crisp piece of dehydrated burdock bark brushed with syrup.
Ranking sixth, Robuchon Au Dôme at the Grand Lisboa Hotel in Macau, is a French fine-dining restaurant offering one of the best wine menus in Asia.
Completing the top ten of the list are four restaurants specializing in Chinese cuisine: Jade Dragon, The Chairman, Seventh Son Restaurant and The Eight.
Based on reviews by over 6,000 expert voters, the OAD list is said to be the only global restaurant guide that considers a diner’s gastronomic background and restaurant reviewing experience, as well as the restaurants’ quality.
Top 10 Asia Restaurants of 2021
- Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet – Creative Cuisine – Shanghai, China
- Zén – Frantzen – Modern European – Singapore
- Sorn – Creative Thai – Bangkok, Thailand
- Xin Rong Ji – Taizhou Cuisine – Shanghai, China
- Mosu – Creative Cuisine – Seoul, South Korea
- Robuchon Au Dôme – French cuisine – Macau
- Jade Dragon – Chinese cuisine – Macau
- The Chairman – Chinese cuisine – Hong Kong
- Seventh Son Restaurant – Chinese cuisine – Hong Kong
- The Eight – Chinese cuisine – Macau